The CrossFit Philosophy & Approach
Our program delivers a fitness that is, by design, broad, general, and inclusive. Our specialty is not specializing. We sought to build a program that would best prepare trainees for any physical contingency—prepare them not only for the unknown but for the unknowable.
The CrossFit program is designed for universal scalability making it the perfect application for any committed individual regardless of experience. We’ve used our same routines for elderly individuals with heart disease and cage fighters one month out from televised bouts. We scale load and intensity; we don’t change programs. The needs of Olympic athletes and our grandparents differ by degree not kind.
The CrossFit prescription is “Constantly varied, High-intensity, Functional movement.”
See this write up from CrossFit, Inc summarizing the Foundations of CrossFit.
The Value of CrossFit Prime & What We Want for Our Students
CrossFit Prime is your gym, coach, & support. Whether you choose to receive personal training from us or become a member of the CrossFit group classes, you will receive a great deal of individual instruction.
Unlike other training services, we will not try to keep you dependent upon us to secure your membership. We will try to make you as self sufficient & knowledgeable as possible. We know that we will retain & gain more students by truly providing them with a high quality service that drastically improves their health, knowledge base, and lifestyle. We have come to see that people want to stay with us because they recognize that we are genuine & sincere. They also fall in love with the support and challenge that the CrossFit community offers. It is a unique setting that is much more like a group of friends rather than a business. CrossFit Prime is a lively, fun, & challenging atmosphere that forges elite fitness. No longer will you have to force yourself through some boring workout that you have done repeatedly on the same day of the week for who knows how long.
Finally, our trainers love what they do, thus they live fitness each and every day. This is not a job to them, it is a lifestyle. Our trainers practice what they preach! So you can feel comfortable knowing that they have real life experience in applying the methods they teach.
What you should expect from CrossFit Prime
— Personal attention
— Intense, effective workouts
— Exposure to new ideas and methods
— Nutritional coaching
— Supportive environment
— Fat/weight loss
— Increases in lean muscle
— Progress tracking
What CrossFit Prime is NOT!
— Bad attitudes
— Lack of results
— Wasted time
— Ripped off
What is a Typical CrossFit Class like?
- Not typical!!! Each class will last about 1 hour.
- They will start with a warmup lasting roughly 10 minutes.
- Followed by a Strength, Technical or Skills training session. CrossFit workouts always include mutli joint or compound movements, so we like to review them to be sure you are not thinking about the movements during the workout of the day. It is high quality detailed instruction offered in every class.
- The last part of a class is the Workout of the Day – This is where we get to kick your ass! People who get a taste of this usually can’t get enough or run to the hills! Most feel great about what they accomplished. The workouts forge elite strength mentally and physically.
Why do people become members at CrossFit Prime?
For the Novice:
1. You are getting instruction & Programming with every class.
2. Group environment that is much like friends or Team training together. It is a very inspiring, supportive, and respectful environment.
3. Safety – You have someone teaching the proper form and technique to lifting – you are not on your own winging it.
4. Live Longer and Become more functional – As we age, we lose flexibility, muscle, and functionality. Not to be morbid, but it is the dying process. Delay the onset of the aging process by staying active, increasing your muscle mass, and learning new skills. Whether it’s mental or physical, we age faster by letting ourselves become inactive and/ or not challenging our mind in new ways. Most important, our nutritional support could be life changing.
For the Experienced:
1. You can’t train like this at your globo gym. Do they have bumper plates? Can you combine different elements to your workout without someone jumping on the equipment? Can you do Olympic lifts, wall ball, sprints, ring dips, or kettlebell training? Can you flip tires, do ball slams, or compete against yourself and others?
2. The training environment – Our classes will include people of different skill sets, some advanced, some novice and a bunch in between. But something about training with someone else or having someone there to drive you brings a little more out of you than if you were by yourself.
3. Bored to death? – Some of the advanced or experienced have been in love with the CrossFit style for awhile……but some are experienced lifters that are just bored and tired of the old body building routine. Monday is chest day…tues is back ….Are you tired of that? Do you want to get sick just thinking about doing the exact same thing again? Have you reached a platau? It’s probably because you lack inspiration or you are not confusing your muscles enough to cause adaptation or growth. The muscle requires new stimulus to have continued growth!
The Ten General Physical Skills we Promote at CrossFit Prime
1. Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance – The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
2. Stamina – The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
3. Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
4. Flexibility – the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
5. Power – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
8. Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
9. Balance – The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
10. Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
(Ten Skills compliments of Jim Crawley & Bruce Evans of Dynamax)
Due to the focus on each of these skills, our athletes see significant improvements in their body composition, work capacity, health markers (Blood pressure, Cholesterol, etc.), and their ability to perform tasks in sport and their daily lives.